No one asked—oh wait, yes, someone did. So here are the specs of my various computers at home. Wattage readings are from the UPSs.
- Intel i7 3770K Ivy Bridge
- 16 GB memory
- Micron C300 SSD (system/boot disk)
- Samsung 840 Pro SSD (work disk)
- 2.5" 1 TB HD (games/archive disk)
- Lian Li PC-Q25B Mini ITX case
- Athena Power Hercules 470W short-depth ATX power supply
- Intel BOXDH77DF Mini ITX motherboard
- EVGA GeForce GTX650 Ti video card
- Two Dell U3011 30 inch LCD monitors
Uses 48 watts at idle. Built in late 2012.
File server / VM host
- Intel i3 2120T low-power Sandy Bridge
- 32 GB memory
- Intel 320 SSD (system/boot)
- Two 3 TB HDs (VMs and virtual disks)
- 500 GB HD (miscellaneous)
- No monitor
Uses 54 watts at idle. Built in early 2012.
- Intel Q8400
- 6 GB memory
- 750 GB HD
- GeForce 210 GPU
- Panasonic 58 inch plasma monitor
Unknown wattage. Purchased assembled from HP in 2009.
Firewall / router
- Intel D510 Atom
- 4 GB memory
- 2.5" 250 GB HD (was a Corsair SSD, but that died in 2011)
- Junky Foxconn Mini ITX case and power supply
- No monitor
Uses 35 watts at idle. Built in 2010.
Some other boxes, slabs, and toys.
- Lenovo AMD 350 netbook
- HP Touchpad tablet (woohoo, firesale!)
- Michelle's Nehalem i7 workstation
- Kindles galore
- Some cell phones